WHO IS YWAM
A REMINDER FROM LOREN CUNNINGHAM
Before looking at the topic of Business and Youth With A Mission, I believe it would be helpful to remind ourselves of the following:
WHO IS YWAM?
By Loren Cunningham, October 2013; updated March 2019
WE ARE THE WAVES
– according to the vision God showed Loren Cunningham in 1956
– obeying and completing the Great Commission of Jesus
WE ARE CALLED TO BE CONSTANTLY
AS AN ALL-VOLUNTEER, FAITH-MISSIONARY MOVEMENT, YWAM INCLUDES
– every nationality, tribe, ethnicity (people group) and language group
– all generations, but with youth as the majority
THEREFORE, AS LONG AS YWAM HAS THESE ELEMENTS AND IS
– led and anointed by the Holy Spirit;
– continuing to be God-fearing remaining close to Jesus as Lord;
– praising and worshipping Him in Spirit and in truth;
– advancing in the “alls” and “everys” of the Great Commission implicit in the covenantal vision of the “waves” which calls us to always innovate and cocreate with God in fresh ways for the accomplishment of His purposes
– doing all as a Bible-based movement, fulfilling all of his commands with priestly intercession, and the five-fold ministry gifts operating among us;
– while building His kingdom, planting good seed that grows into mature followers of Jesus and spiritually-alive, lasting institutions (such as schools for children, YWAM bases, UofN campuses, churches, families, healthcare clinics, and more) that serve to transform both individuals and societies in every one of the 4k Omega Zones of geography and in all the social and demographic spheres and groups through servant leadership…
As long as we remain faithful to these, YWAM has a bright, fruitful and growing future with God.
YWAM is and continues to be a global family of diverse ministries that are united in Christ with the same covenant, vision and values, as we are bonded together to Him and to one another, worshipping and learning together.
A YWAMer is someone who has completed a Discipleship Training School and who joyfully embraces our Statement of Purpose, Core Beliefs, Foundational Values, Legacy Words and Covenants.
Loren Cunningham, October 2013, updated March 2019
Please also read: